Yamaha P45B Digital Piano reviewed here. The Yamaha P45B is the perfect digital piano for the serious piano student looking for an authentic 88-key piano with fully weighted Graded Hammer Standard keys and stereo grand piano sound.
- PROS: Great piano sound, Value-for-money, Built-in stereo speakers
- CONS: No recording function
Who Is It For?
The Yamaha P-45 digital piano is perfectly suited for the beginner/intermediate pianist for whom budget is a constraint.
It can be used for learning, practicing, performing.
If you’re looking for an affordable stage piano from Yamaha, the P-45 digital piano is the one to consider. Priced under $500, you get a piano that offers a real acoustic grand piano sound along with Graded Hammer Standard keybed, yet it’s lightweight and compact. Packed with more performance options, the P-35 can be used at home, in the studio, or for live performances.
Its a superb beginning digital piano
With simple one-button operation & layout, you can access the major functions on the P-35 using minimum keys. You may use an optional MIDI interface to connect to a computer or iPad for use with a variety of music Apps, or for creating music.
If you want to seriously pursue learning the piano, you need a quality instrument with good keyboard feel, and the Yamaha P45B offers that for a reasonable price. Its the entry level piano in the popular P series pianos from Yamaha.
Fully Weighted Graded Hammer Standard keys
The yamaha P45 features GHS weighted action that is heavier in the low end and lighter in the high end, just like an acoustic piano; it feels like a real piano.
Play this piano and you would know why yamaha pianos are known for their best-feeling keys on the market. Its perfect to get started with learning to play the piano.
You get realistic & rich grand piano sounds and a powerful built-in speaker system. This piano sounds great when used with top quality external amps/speakers, though the built-in speakers can be convenient at times.
Besides great keyboard action and piano sounds, this digital piano has a basic set of features, that makes it ideal for the needs of the beginner piano student.
Suitable for Gigs
The compact, lightweight & contemporary design of this board makes it suitable for gigging as well. The design is intuitive and its easy to access all the features. You can use half-pedaling on the P-45 stage piano (with the optional Yamaha pedal). A sustain foot-switch and a music rest is included.
Buy Yamaha P45B Digital Piano
Here are the main features of Here are the key features of the Yamaha P45B Digital Piano:
- 88-key Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) weighted keybed
- Has 64-note polyphony
- Matte finish, less slippery keys
- Has AVM sampling (Advanced Wave Memory) that uses digital technology to record the sound of an acoustic piano
- Deeper richer, spacious sound created due to AVM sampling
- Multiple settings can be changed with one single button
- Has 10 voices, 88 weighted keys and other features.
- One touch button to select Grand Piano sound
- Has Keyboard split and layer (dual) mode to combine two voices such as piano and strings etc.
In & Outs, and Buttons on Yamaha P45
- Connect the P45B with its USB port to connect it to your laptop, tablet or smart phone.
- Reasonably priced and affordable, Compact and lightweight
- Built-in stereo speakers with powerful amplifiers
- Sustain footswitch pedal included, Detachable music rest included
- Headphone output, No audio inputs
- USB Midi
- Dimensions: 58.2 x 16.1 x 11.8 inches, Weight: 35.4 pound
Here’s video review of the P45 piano:
Buy Yamaha P45 piano
My piano study, piano practice and piano playing is about to take a big leap forward with the wonderful instrument. The supplied sustain pedal could have been better though. If you want to learn the piano, and like the Yamaha brand, this is a decent piano for the price. – Kaya
Excellent value for the price . Its compact and lightweight with minimal buttons & a clean design. The key action is good and adjustable. The supplied sustain pedal, could have been better. is a joke. Get one from M-Audio or better still, the Yamaha which supports half-pedaling. – Jim
Good for the money. If you want a nice 88-key piano with authentic piano touch and built-in speakers, this is a great option that can be used for learning, practicing and for playing. Its inexpensive but doesn’t feel like a cheap piano at all. Works smoothly with audio interface, sound system, or amp. Has warm voices, and has some interesting voices besides the piano. Has MIDI. I bought it. This is the best thing that fits my budget. – Josh
For advanced beginner piano player / Intermediate player. This is strongly recommended for students looking for a good value. It’s also very compact and lightweight.
The Yamaha P-45 is an excellent entry-level stage piano available in a sleek & portable design, with authentic piano sound and a graded, weighted hammer-action keybed. If you are a beginner student of piano, you may be interested in buying the Yamaha P45B Digital Piano. The P45B has a great feel an touch, so much so that you will enjoy playing it. Whats more? It has an amazing sound that will fill the room. If you have a child who is off to college, this could be a great piano to carry along. In a time when traditional pianos are so expensive and cumbersome to use, the Yamaha P45B is a good substitute for it.
- Buy Yamaha P45B Digital Piano on zZounds
- Buy Yamaha P45 on Walmart.com
- Buy Yamaha p45 on Amazon.co.uk (UK)
- Buy Yamaha p45 on Amazon.de (Germany)