The Williams Overture 2 is an affordable 88 Key Digital Piano that looks good, has a decent set of features, and is suitable for beginners who are keen to learn the piano but don’t want to spend a lot on a grand piano. Available in a luxurious ebony gloss finish. For the price, this is a decent console piano.
- PROS: Hammer Action Keys, Quality Sounds
- CONS: Not a big brand yet
- Uses: Learning, providing accompaniment, MIDI
- Click here to Buy
William pianos may not be as popular as a Yamaha or a Casio but a few of their models are indeed popular, and one of them is this piano.
Who Is It For?
This is a great piano for beginners and for practicing at home.
Hammer Action Keys: These come with hammer action keys. Though not similar to the feel of a more expensive acoustic piano, these are heavy and durable, good for playing the piano.
Quality Sound: This digital piano offers quality sound and comes with a powerful built in stereo speaker system.
Multiple Pedals: With a soft, sustenuto and sustain pedal, you can play songs with lot of expression.
Assembling: There’s some assembly involved when you buy it new. The parts in the box include the 2 legs, the bottom bar with the pedals, and the piano its self. Assembly isn’t that hard, but I’d recommend having some assistance when putting it together, the piano itself is a bit heavy.
Here’s video review of this piano:
Click here to buy this piano
Here are the key features of the Williams overture piano:
- Console-style piano with sliding key-cover and full vanity panel.
- Dark Wood grain finish
- Keyboard: full size 88 Note, Hammer-action keyboard, with selectable touch response
- Pedals: Sustain, Sustenuto, Soft
- Polyphony: 64 notes maximum
- Main Voices (from control panel): 15 Voices (5 main voices x 3 variations), Pianos, Electric Pianos, Organs, Guitar, Strings
- Keyboard Modes: Full, Layer, Duet
- Effect: Reverb and Chorus, Metronome
- Recorder: 2-Track
- Play-Along Songs: 58 practice Songs, with separate Left hand/Right hand training
- Demonstration: 15 Quick Voice demos, 10 demo songs with GM orchestration
- 3-digit LED Display
- Connections: 2 x Stereo Headphones Outputs, Stereo Line Input, Stereo Line Output
- MIDI: In/Out, USB device port (MIDI via USB)
Overall, the action of the piano is good, not performance standard, but good. Much better than a lot of older though well taken care of acoustic pianos. Overall, a quality piece of equipment. Though not comparable to a $1000+ piano, the Williams Overture 88 Key Digital Piano is a decent console piano with good sounds, available for an affordable price.
- Buy Williams Overture 2 88-Key Console Digital Piano on Guitarcenter.com
- Buy Williams Overture 2 88-Key Console Digital Piano on Musiciansfriend.com