The Williams allegro 2 88-key digital piano comes with a hammer action keyboard, offers you a real piano-like feel and sound in a portable solution, at a price that is hard to resist.
Pros & Cons
- PROS: Easy to Use, Affordable, Touch sensitive & Weighted Keys
- CONS: Limited sound selection. Keys are weighted but not exactly like a real piano
- Uses: For learning. For use in school bands. Perfect choice for students, small bands, home entertainment, schools and churches.
This is a good alternative for beginners, who normally turn to a Casio for value-for-money. Those looking for a better sounding (good samples across all the octaves) & real weighted hammer action 88-keys piano, should consider other options.
A good blend of features, pricing, and quality is usually offered by Casio & Yamaha, but even Williams pianos seem to be competing with them in the “budget keyboard” segment.
The Williams allegro 2 definitely impresses you with the overall package, and with external amplification it definitely sounds a lot better. Considering the price, this is a decent & compact instrument suitable for learning.
The Williams Allegro 2 boasts of realistic piano feel, has full sized keys and is available at an affordable price. use it for playing in any genre – classical, pop, rock or jazz music.
The Williams Allegro 2 is an improved version of the earlier Williams Allegro piano and comes with 88 hammer-action weighted keys, and a brilliant new custom sound library.
In case you decide to go in for this option, do consider the Williams ESS1 Essentials Pack for the Allegro 2 Digital Piano, which comes with a power supply, sustain pedal and pair.
Here are the key features of this portable piano:
- 88 touch-sensitive, hammer-action, velocity-sensitive keys
- 64-note polyphony
- 8 piano & keyboard sounds (Piano 1, Piano 2, Electric Piano 1, Electric Piano 2, Church Organ, Rock/Jazz Organ, Strings, Upright Bass)
- Demo songs corresponding to each voice
- Layer, Split, and Transpose modes
- USB port, 1/4″ stereo outs, sustain pedal and headphone jacks
- Reverb and Chorus effects
- Metronome feature with variable tempo
- Two-track recorder for song recording and playback
- Headphone jack for silent practice
- MIDI In/Out connections
- Stereo/mono line outputs
- Includes: External DC power supply unit, Sustain pedal, Music rest
Here’s video review of this piano:
For the price, this instrument blows most other digital piano, especially with external amplification. If you want a decent instrument to learn on, or want to save space, you can’t go wrong with this for the price.
Overall Ratings: Buying Links
A good 88-key piano with weighted keys and a reasonable sound quality; more importantly its available at an extremely low price. The Williams Allegro 2 88-key digital piano is suitable for beginners and for those who want a second practice piano. Williams Allegro 2 is a good model for beginners and a decent option for starters or occasional players.
- Buy Williams Allegro 2 88-Key Digital Piano on Guitarcenter.com
- Buy Williams Allegro 2 88-Key Digital Piano on Musiciansfriend.com
Its low priced, easy to use, and had decent key action.