Have you ever listened to a beautiful music track and wondered from which album/movie the song is? I’m sure it must have happened so many times. ‘Shazam’ music app solves that problem, its the best way to identify music and TV.
You need to install the Shazam music app on your smartphone, and once its setup, you just have to make your smartphone listen to any song (by just pointing your smartphone at the sound source) and the app will tell you the name of the song & the artist in a few seconds.
However, that’s not the only thing that the app does; with Shazam music, you can easily:
- Sing along to the beat with real time lyrics
- Preview and buy tracks on Amazon or Google Play
- Watch music videos on YouTube
- Share your discoveries on any social network – Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Google+ and Pinterest
- Listen to full tracks with Rdio, Spotify or Deezer
- Connect to Rdio to create a playlist of your Shazamed tracks, or add tracks to any Rdio playlist
- See song recommendations from others like you
- You can also use Shazam with TV:
- Shazam your favorite TV shows for the cast, soundtracks, and more
- Shazam ads to watch again, share with friends, or get special offers
- Book concert tickets for artists you’ve Shazamed
Want to experience Shazam without the advertising? For that you need to upgrade to Shazam Encore! For more, visit shazam.com.
Artists Can Recommend Tracks
Going forward, Shazam will let your favorite artists recommend tracks, too.
The way its going to work is like this: When the artists would “Shazam” a track — turn the app “on” to listen to recorded music on radio, TV or elsewhere — it would pop up in the app’s home screen feed of their followers.
So basically, all artists can now become verified and let fans know what music — new and old — they are listening to.
As per the company, Shazam already has “hundreds of artists queued up” to join the program.
Since its beginnings as an identification app for identifying recorded music, Shazam has moved into TV audio tagging on TV series and live events. Shazam also has added visual IDs to some Apple Music posters at bus stops and in other public places. By using the camera with the Shazam app open, it identifies the artist.