Here’s a complete review of the Schylling Kids Accordion. This is a great toy musical instrument for kids, something that is easy to play and inexpensive.
- PROS: Easy to play, durable, nice sound
- CONS: only three songs in the instruction sheet, requires good finger coordination and arm strength to press the buttons
This is a great starter musical instrument for your child, and can be used for learning (introduction to the accordion) or just for fun. It nicely fits into the palms of an adult’s hands as well, just in case you want to play some songs.
Its compact and well built, its diatonic (like a keyboard with no black keys), the number of keys are reduced so that its easier to play, but it’s still possible to crank out complex tunes.
Its durable, sounds nice, and requires some effort to use the various buttons, so its better suited for an older child. The accordion plays different notes depending on whether you are pushing or pulling.
As far as the brand is concerned, Schylling has been around for a few decades now, and is one of the leading brands of toy products.
Its a diatonic accordion, similar to the C major scale on a Piano (minus the black keys). So although you cannot play all the songs under the song, it’s definitely good enough to play most child songs, folk tunes, hymn, and carols.
Here are the main features of the Schylling Kids Accordion:
- Finely crafted accordion
- Measures 7.50″ wide
- Sounds, looks and feels like the real thing
- Easy-to-learn instruction booklet is included
Here’s what users have to say about this musical instrument:
- Overall, it has a very pleasant sound, and easy to play
- Great for beginners who want to dabble in the accordion.
- Your child can easily picking out tunes, with minimum amount of practice
This is a great musical instrument for the little hands. Fun to use and easy to play.