Roland RD-2000 Stage Piano review. While Roland calls the RD-2000 as a digital stage piano, it comes with a lot more. Dual sound engines, premium feel, advanced controller features, the Roland RD-2000 Stage Piano can be used as a main keyboard for professional stage and studio work. SuperNATURAL acoustic pianos, classic EPs, vintage effects, and hybrid wooden hammer-action keys. See PRICE on zZounds
Table of Contents
Roland RD-2000: Highlights
- Gorgeous V-Piano acoustics, Historic electric pianos and more
- Tons of sounds for every genre
- Connect with DAW and virtual instruments
- Designed for live performances
Roland RD 2000: Pros & Cons
Roland RD-2000 includes top-level live and studio performance features – dual sound engines, full polyphony, a hammer-action keyboard and advanced controller capabilities.
- PROS: V-Piano Engine, lightweight, piano action. sliders that can be used as B3 drawbars. Can be the heart of a studio
- CONS: Manual could be written using layman terms
Roland RD 2000: Review
The RD-2000 (replaces the popular Roland RD-800 stage piano) is built for the performing keyboardist. It features dual sound engines that produce the best acoustic and electric pianos, and it has the best key action that you will find on a stage piano.
The RD-2000 stage piano features the incredible V-Piano engine, and is much cheaper than the real V-Piano. RD-2000’s acoustic piano sounds are fantastic; in general, all the acoustic voices are incredibly natural, responsive and detailed. The piano comes loaded with top-quality sounds for every music genre. It also has two wave expansion slots for adding more sounds.
The Roland RD 2000 features the PHA-50 keyboard action (Roland’s best key action yet). The keys are a combination of plastic and wood, which makes the keys look and feel more natural.
Designed for the Stage
The Roland RD-2000 is a stage piano and its design is specifically directed at the stage musician. You can edit almost every parameter of the sound. The LED indicators on the controls/knobs makes it easy to view in dimly lit areas. The 9 sliders can double as real-time drawbars for controlling the “Tonewheel Organ” sounds, to emulate a B3.
The RD-2000 can also be used as a controller for working with various software-based instruments on stage. It can also be a hub for your laptop’s setup, thanks to the built-in USB/MIDI interface. Just connect it to your studio DAW and start creating music.
Free Year of Insurance
Those in the UK can avail of this additional benefit. In addition to the generous warranties, Roland has partnered with Allianz Musical Insurance (among UK’s leading insurers) to provide your keyboard 12 months protection against theft, loss or accidental damage, completely free of charge. Just register your included Roland warranty and activate your 12 months free insurance cover with Allianz (only available in the UK).
Roland RD800 vs RD2000
RD800 + Pianoteq = modelled piano plus SN samples with old interface.
RD2000 = all in one instrument, new interface.
So what Roland RD2000 gives you is:
- Better piano sounds
- Improved action
- Its a recent model
- Covered under warranty (UK residents get additional warranty)
- It costs more but you will be able to sell it for more (if you wish to)
Roland RD 2000: Demo / Video Review
Roland RD 2000: Features
- Comes with two independent sound engines and modern controller features
- Eight fully assignable zones for combining internal sounds and external sources
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB audio/MIDI interface
Roland RD 2000: Technical Specs
- Sound Engine 1: V-Piano Technology
- Sound Engine 2: SuperNATURAL
- Sound Generator: PCM
- V-Piano Maximum Polyphony: Full Polyphony
- SuperNATURAL Maximum Polyphony: 128
- Parts: 16
- Tones: 1100
- Programmes: 300
- Scenes: 100
- Layer/Split: Yes
- Keyboard – Number of Keys: 88. Action: Weighted. Keyboard: PHA-50. Key Tops: Ebony/Ivory Feel. Key Material: Wood and Plastic Hybrid Structure. Aftertouch / Velocity: Velocity
- Recording/Playback: WAV format, 44.1 kHz, 16-bit. External Storage Option: USB Flash Drive
- Effects – Modulation FX: 4 Systems, 62 Types. Tremolo/Amp Simulator: 4 Systems, 6 Types. Reverb: 6. Delay: 5. Compressor: 3-Band. Digital Equalizer: 5-Band
- Controllers – Sliders: 9. Knobs: 8. Modulation Levers: 1. Modulation Wheels: 2
- Connectors – AUX input: 3.5 mm TRS. MIDI Connectivity: I/O/T, USB. Output: XLR L/R, 1/4 in. L/R. USB Connectivity: 24-bit/192 kHz audio/MIDI. Headphone jacks: 1. Pedal inputs: 4. Storage type: Supports USB 2.0 HS flash
- Built-in speakers:No
- Display: Graphic LCD 256 x 80 Dots
- Roland RD 2000 Dimensions – Weight: 48 lb. Roland RD 2000 Dimensions: Width:55.5 in. Height:5.5 in.Depth: 14.5 in.
- Included Accessories: Owner’s Manual, Power Cord, Damper Pedal
- Roland RD-2000 user manual
Roland RD 2000: Buying Links & Pricing
With so many features and capabilities, you will only need the Roland RD 2000 keyboard, and some foot pedals, to do everything you need.
Next-generation RD stage piano with two independent sound engines and modern controller features.