RockJam (RJ-761) 61-Key Electronic Piano Keyboard comes with 61 full sized keys and has plenty of features for the young learner. It doesn’t come with touch-sensitive keys though. Having said that, its a nice keyboard if you are looking for something inexpensive with 61 full sized keys and lots of features (something that you usually get with a Casio). This keyboard comes as part of of a package that includes several useful accessories, so you get everything you need to get started. see PRICE of this RockJam keyboard on Amazon.
Table of Contents
RockJam Keyboard: Pros & Cons
- Pros: Value for money, 61-keys, Great Accessories, Adjustable stool. Good features
- Cons: No touch-sensitive keys, its an entry-level keyboard with great features but okay sound quality.
- Who is it for: Great for beginners and musical educators. Great as a gift.
Its a nice keyboard with lots of features that you can explore. You can even compose and record your own music. The RockJam keyboard bundle comes with several useful accessories.
RockJam RJ761 vs RockJam RJ661
When RockJam launched their RJ661 61-key electronic keyboard, it quickly went on to become one of the bestselling entry level keyboards. Encouraged by the success of their 61-key keyboard, RockJam decided to launch an upgraded version (the RJ761) with better features.
- The RJ761 now comes with a USB port which allows you to connect it to a computer/iPad for more creative possibilities.
- You get the Piano Maestro iPad App, includes 30 free songs that you can learn
- The RJ761 keyboard now has over 200 Rhythms and Tones, which is almost double of what was available on the earlier RJ661 keyboard.
- The new RockJam 761 incorporates a soft touchpad for easy selection of the various buttons
The new RockJam 761 looks a lot more elegant and sturdier, and looks like it will give a good fight to the beginner models from Casio.
RockJam Keyboard: Review
RockJam is a leading manufacturer of musical instruments for kids; its a popular brand in the UK. the great thing about this package is that it includes everything that you need to get started on the electronic keyboards.
While this one doesn’t have touch-sensitive keys, it has 61 full sized keys, and the keyboard integrates well with the Joytunes app which allows you to learn to play the piano using your tablet.
Besides, the keyboard features 100 keyboard sounds and 100 rhythms, that players will enjoy using. It also features 50 demo songs.
Adjustable Piano Stool
This keyboard comes with some great accessories and one of them is the adjustable piano bench/stool. Even parents/teachers can sit on it (it’s sturdy enough) while trying to teach your kid how to play…let him/her watch while you demonstrate on the keyboard.
You get all the accessories you need to get started – Keyboard Stand; keyboard Stool; 1 Pair of Headphones, AC Adapter.
The headphones will allow you to practice without disturbing others. The power supply lets you play without requiring any batteries (which you may use on certain occasions, like when outdoors).
RockJam RJ-761 Keyboard: Video Demo
- Are the keys in standard size or smaller?
The keys are in standard size, and there are 61 keys
- Does it have touch-sensitive keys?
No, it does not have.
- Is there a transpose keys function?
No, it does not have.
RockJam 761 Features & Specs
- 61 full-size keys
- Lcd screen
- Record and playback functionality
- 100 keyboard sounds, 100 rhythms, and 50 demo songs
- 30 free songs on piano maestro ipad app
- Built-in Practice / Teaching Functions
- What’s included in the package: 61-key Keyboard; sturdy Keyboard Stand; height-adjustable keyboard Stool; 1 Pair of Headphones for silent practice; AC Adapter
- Manufacturer:PDT Ltd – IMPORT (UK Vendor, Product FOB China)
- Model: RJ761, Brand: RockJam
- Dimensions: 12.6 x 35.6 x 4.3 in, Weight: 12 pounds
RockJam RJ-761: Buying Links & Prices
Overall, this RockJam 61-key keyboard package is great set, available at a great price for any beginner. This piano has great features and is perfect for the starting musician, including the beginning little musicians.
Now you have another good option from another brand (besides a Casio or a Yamaha).
Have any view on this RockJam keyboard? Please share it below.