Best Piano Dollies / Movers reviewed here. Its great to have a piano / grand piano at home, but I’m sure you can imagine how difficult it would to move one around (for whatever reason). A piano dolly is a great tool to have for such situations; it makes it so easy to move around the piano.
Before you order a piano dolly, make sure its built to take the load. A spinet piano is lighter than a grand piano so chose a dolly accordingly.
You don’t have to worry about scratching the surface; these roll over hardwood floors easily without damaging them. Heavy duty movers are designed to fit most digital “upright” pianos. These come with rubber, non-scratch wheels that allow for easy maneuverability of the piano; the non-slip shoes with brakes keep the piano still.
In case you decide to get professional help to move your piano, you will need to pay from your pocket. For certain situations, getting a piano dolly will turn out to be cheaper compared to hiring people to move your piano.
We recommend that you get some helping hands, at least a couple of more people to help you get your piano into the dolly.
These piano dollies are the perfect solution for moving the heaviest pianos. Find piano dollies to fit all makes and models of pianos.
Melody Cradle Upright Piano Dolly
The Melody Cradle Upright Piano Dolly makes it very easy to move your upright piano, while protecting your floors and walls. Even though upright pianos are great for practicing and playing the piano, it can be inconvenient to move around. However, this two-piece dolly makes it easy to move the piano around. Its an ideal product to have for your piano, be it at home, school, church, performance hall or convention centers.
The Melody Cradle is very easy to install, the dolly attaches securely to the base of the piano, the wheels have a precision double ball bearing so the piano rolls with ease.
This dolly is designed for permanent use, but its also easily removed for infrequent moves. This kit comes with installation instructions.
Main features of the Melody Cradle Upright Piano Dolly:
- The kit includes: two dollies, 4 lag screws (optional use for back of piano), 2 pressure plates (front of piano), 4 pressure plate bolts with nuts.
- Made by Cass Hudson Company.
- Non-marking rolling wall bumpers, Four rolling bumpers protect the wall from marks and scapes.
- You can lift piano over obstructions on the floor and the dolly will remain attached
- It remains low to the floor for easy pedal use
- Pressure plates
- One-piece steel construction
- Sturdy constructions, no weak welded points
- Dark Brown Powder Coat, finish baked into metal
- Dimensions: 23.5 x 8.5 x 5.5 inches, Item Weight: 38 pounds
- Color: Dark Brown
- Construction Material: Steel, TPR wheels (soft gray rubber)