The Oscar Schmidt OG2SM Acoustic Guitar is a dreadnought guitar with a full acoustic resonance, available in a wide variety of colors. Pearl inlay and wood grain finish catches your attention right away. For the price, this one is the best acoustic guitar available on the market.
Table of Contents
Oscar Schmidt OG2: Pros & Cons
- PROS: Affordable, looks beautiful, stays in tune, good sound & resonance, great value for money, good starter acoustic guitar
- CONS: Don’t expect a very crisp sound (but its expected at this price range). No top scrap screw on the neck joint (for playing the guitar while standing)
It’s great for beginners, has good looks and plays well (even for those who are serious about learning). Can be used by intermediate players as well.
Oscar Schmidt OG2: Review
The Oscar Schmidt OG2 looks professional, uses premium quality hardware, uses expensive looking marquetry, and features a select spruce top, beautiful mahogany back and sides, rosewood fingerboard, diecast tuners and an adjustable truss rod.
This is a popular acoustic guitar that has been used in folk music since ages.
What does OG2SM stand for?
The OG2 represents Oscar Schmidt’s entry level dreadnought acoustic guitars. OG2SM is the spalt maple (SM) top version of that guitar. Oscar Schmidt is owned by Washburn.
The OG2SM acoustic guitar has a natural glossy finish, which makes it look good actually – highlights the intricate patterns of the spalted maple top.
Action & Feel
The fretboard is smooth, which makes it very comfortable to play.
The action of this guitar is low, which makes it easier to play (and even if develops a buzz later on, you can fix it).
Dreadnought Style And Spalted Maple
Like most other dreadnoughts, this one also produces powerful tones.
The top maple contributes to the overall sound, while the mahogany body mellows the overall brightness. The guitar sounds mellow but produces clear and crisp treble tones.
Great sound and gorgeous looks
If you’re a beginner looking for a good acoustic guitar, or even an intermediate player looking for a value buy, the OG2SM is a great looking guitar with a beautiful sound.
Great beginner / intermediate level guitar
Many a music legends have started their great journey to stardom by beginning on a simple guitar. The Oscar Schmidt OG2SM acoustic guitar not only look fabulous, it also plays well.
The Oscar Schmidt OG2 provides a great combination of expensive looks, superb tone at a reasonable pricing, and can be your second guitar (or even your first guitar if you want a great sounding guitar).
Its available in different colors/finishes and comes with a variety of features. With gorgeous looks, it’s the right guitar to flaunt about.
Oscar Schmidt OG2: Demo / Video Review
Oscar Schmidt OG2: Features / Specs
Here are the main features of Oscar Schmidt OG2SM Acoustic Guitar-Spalted Maple:
- Dreadnought style and Spalted maple top
- Various options – Spalted Maple, Spalted Maple with Gold Tuners, Spalted Maple with Preamp/EQ
- The sides and back are made of mahogany
- It has a good finish – high gloss
- Fingerboard and bridge are made of Rosewood
- Acoustic model only, comes with Steel strings
- Has colored plastic bridge pins
- Comes with truss rod wrench and truss rod is adjustable.
- Very low string action makes it easy to play
- Comes with adjustable truss rod wrench
- Sounds good
- Good build quality
Oscar Schmidt OG2: Buying Links & Pricing
For the price, the Oscar Schmidt OG2SM is a great acoustic guitar, perfect for anyone getting started on the guitar, or for someone who has played for years and is looking for a second, inexpensive guitar.