Native Instruments Maschine MK3: The popular groovebox returns with an upgrade — built-in audio interface, Smart Strip controller, full-color screens and more KOMPLETE sounds!
Table of Contents
What’s new in MASCHINE
- Comes with bigger pads now, more room for complex moves like flams and rolls. more sensitive to lighter touches, for more expressive playing.
- Full-color display. High-res screens let you get more precise with your mixing, see an overview of your arrangement, or zoom in on waveforms.
- Now features 96kHz / 24-bit studio-grade audio interface. Simply patch in a synth or add a dynamic mic for quick recording and sampling. Stereo line and MIDI ports. USB-powered (you can even use the included power supply unit).
Maschine MK3 at a Glance: Highlights
- Native Instruments’ MASCHINE is a groove production system for creative beat-making with an acclaimed sound library — Smart combination of hardware and software, combines the flexibility of software with the tactile immediacy of hardware.
- Complete system for fast, professional groove production.
- Powerful MK3 features
- Pattern-based sequencer, sampler, suite of pro studio instruments and effects, vast sound library
- Easy song creation, remixing, and performance capabilities
- Over 8GB of production-ready drums, instruments, and loops
- Komplete 11 Select software bundle
Pros & Cons
- Pros: Big improvement over MK2, Color Screens, Tons of Features
- Cons: Audio interface doesn’t have phantom power, No touchscreen
Native Instruments Maschine MK3 Review
With Maschine MK3, you can make beats, tweak sounds, create patterns, and more — you can even sequence entire songs! It has an intuitive layout and allows seamless DAW integration.
First look we thought not having a touchscreen would be a drawback but the controls are so intuitive, and if you’re familiar with Maschine controllers, it will be just as natural. The audio interface doesn’t have phantom power, but the more you use the device, you will realize that it’s hardly a drawback.
Native Instruments MASCHINE Software includes everything you need to create and perform songs – 8 GB library of high-quality sounds, drum kits, multi-sampled instruments, patterns, projects, and sliced loops right out of the box, plus Drum Synths: 5 fully tweakable, automatable drum plug-ins built exclusively for MASCHINE.
The package also includes KOMPLETE 11 SELECT – 11 premium instruments and effects:
– MASSIVE – virtual analog synthesizer MONARK – iconic mono synth
– THE GENTLEMAN – classic upright piano DRUMLAB – sampled / synthesized percussion REAKTOR PRISM – polyphonic synthesizer SCARBEE MARK 1 – electric piano
– RETRO MACHINES – 20+ legendary vintage synths VINTAGE ORGANS – sampled classic organs
– WEST AFRICA – percussion library
– SOLID BUS COMP – powerful compressor REPLIKA – pro-quality delay
Maschine MK3 Demo / Video Review
Watch: Native Instruments MASCHINE Demo / Video Review
Features / Technical Specs
Here are more features and technical specs of Maschine MK3:
- Integrated hardware/software system includes sampler, arranger, mixer, FX, and more
- 8 GB MASCHINE library with samples, one-shots, sliced loops, sampled instruments, presets, patterns, drum kits, and songs
- Includes 25 GB KOMPLETE 11 SELECT library
- 25 pro-quality studio and creative FX including filter, EQ, delay, reverb and compressor
- 2 high-resolution RGB color displays for precision sample slicing, sound tweaking, note editing, mixing, browsing, and more
- 16 large, ultra-sensitive pads make two-handed drumming easy
- Pro-grade, 96 kHz / 24-bit audio interface with 2 x 1/4″ TRS line outputs, 2 x 1/4″ TRS line inputs, 1/4″ dynamic mic input, stereo headphone output, 1 x MIDI In, 1 x MIDI out; 1 x Footswitch
- Touch sensitive knobs for parameter tweaking
- Smart Strip for strumming notes, pitch bending sounds, performing with FX, and more
- Four-directional push encoder for browsing, navigating, adjusting levels and balance
- Powered via USB 2.0 or with the included power supply unit
- Seamless integration with KOMPLETE
- Classic groovebox features including 16 velocity levels, swing,
pad link, note repeat, step sequencer, and vintage MPC 60/SP 1200 sampling emulation
- Compatible with all major DAWs (including Ableton Live, Logic Pro, and FL Studio) as a VST or Audio Units plug-in with full multi-core support
Maschine MK3 Buying Links
It has everything you would want from machine studio and this time it comes in a smaller footprint. Its an essential upgrade.
Have any views on the Maschine MK3? Please share it below.