Mendini 4/4 MV500+92D violin reviewed here. It comes with all the necessary accessories like Case, Tuner, Shoulder Rest, Bow, Rosin, Bridge and Strings.
Table of Contents
Mendini 4/4 MV500: Pros & Cons
- Pros: Value for money . one-piece back
- Cons: Priced higher than most entry-level violins
This one is a bit more expensive than most other entry-level violins, but the Mendini 4/4 MV500 has a better overall tone and pitch quality.
Mendini 4/4 MV500: Review
The Mendini 4/4 MV500+92D has a nice tone and pitch, features an ebony fingerboard, chin rest, and tailpiece with 4 detachable fine tuners. Its carved out of one piece of maple wood.
Mendini violins are great for beginners, they are affordable and come with a reasonable build quality, allows you to learn without investing a lot of money. The Mendini 4/4 MV500+92D will help your child achieve mid-range grades before the time comes to invest in a higher quality model.
You get a lot of accessories along with the violin – Cecilio 92D chromatic / string tuner with metronome, 2 x Brazil wood bows with unbleached genuine Mongolian horsehair, lightweight hard case, adjustable shoulder rest, 2 bridges, quality rosin, and an extra set of violin strings.
Its better to put new set of strings on the violin once you get it. The strings that come along may not sound that great. Once setup, the violin sounds great. The bows are okay, and you may need to buy new rosin.
Want a better quality violin? Do checkout the Cecilio CVN-500, its a great choice and will allow you to use your violin for a long time, even when you have progressed to a more intermediate level.
Mendini 4/4 MV500: Demo / Video Review
Mendini 4/4 MV500: Features / Specs
Here are the main features of the Mendini MV500+92D Violin.
- Its a 4/4 full size violin
- Its made of solid wood and has a 1-piece back
- Maple back, neck and side
- Solid hand-carved spruce top with beautiful varnish finish & inlaid purfling
- Ebony fingerboard, pegs chin rest, and tailpiece with 4 detachable fine tuners
- Cecilio 92D chromatic / string tuner with metronome
- 2 x Brazil wood bows with unbleached genuine Mongolian horsehair
- Bundle Includes: Lightweight hard case, adjustable shoulder rest, 2 bridges, quality rosin cake, and an extra set of violin strings.
Mendini 4/4 MV500: Buying Links & Pricing
Overall, this is a great instrument.
The Mendini 4/4 MV500+92D comes across as a bit more expensive instrument (Mendini’s usually target beginners and are cheaper) for a student violin, but this will help your child achieve higher levels and perhaps even advance to a professional violin player level.
Checkout more violins here.