Korg LP380 Home Digital Piano reviewed here. If you’re looking for a good home piano around the thousand dollar mark, you now have a worthy piano from the Korg brand. This is a much better looking & sounding piano (compared to its SP series pianos). The piano sounds are taken from the popular Kronos workstation and the powerful speakers makes playing this piano a joy. The realistic feel will appeal to the experienced piano player as well.
Table of Contents
Korg LP380: Review
Digital pianos keep getting better and cheaper. The Korg LP-380 is one such digital piano that offers a good value for money.
Korg’s LP-380 digital piano looks classy and has sounds derived from the company’s acclaimed Kronos workstation. The LP-380 employs Korg’s responsive RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action) keyboard, which gives you a heavier feel in the bass register, progressing to a lighter touch in the treble range — just like a real acoustic piano.
The Korg LP-380 digital home piano is perfect for your home, school, or church.
Korg LP380: Pros & Cons
- Pros: Looks elegant, Compact and cost-effective
- Cons: The stand is not high quality furniture (to keep the costs down). At very high volume the sound tends to become slightly distorted. Assembly instructions towards the back in the user manual.
Korg LP380: Demo / Video Review
Korg LP380: Features & Specs
Here are the main features of the Korg LP380 Home Digital Piano:
- Slim and stylish design, easy to move and place in any room
- Available in Black, white and Rosewood finish
- Powerful amplifier/speakers that produces good/high volume
- RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3) keyboard for authentic feel
- Touch response: Light, normal and heavy
- Polyphony: 120 note max
- Rich acoustic piano sounds, sounds taken from the Korg Kronos
- Six varieties of electric piano sounds are provided, covering the sounds widely used in pop music of the ’60s and ’70s, as well as some of the tones that are highly regarded in soul music.
- 30 acoustic and electric piano sounds to choose from
- 9 different temperaments for period-specific performances
- Line Out jack, built-in metronome, and MIDI capability
- Comes with Three-pedal design (with half-damper support)
- Includes Bench, Headphones, and Polishing Cloth
- Dimension of Korg LP-380
35×13.82×30.39 (in inches when key cover is closed)
35×13.82×36.85(in inches when key cover is opened)
- Weight (Including stand): 81.57 lbs
Korg LP380: Buying Links & Pricing
Overall, a stylish looking digital home piano with expressive piano sounds, has several sounds derived from the Korg Kronos, its a real value for money.
Have any views on the Korg LP380 digital home piano? Please share it below.
You can checkout more home digital pianos here.