Korg Krome is a top-of-the-line professional digital keyboard loaded with beautiful sounds, and is suitable for any style of keyboard playing. World-class grand piano and many more gig-worthy sounds. You have option to choose from different sizes, including the fully-weighted 88-key Korg Krome.
Here’s why its interesting:
- A True Workstation that lets you create songs for any situation
- KROME 61 and 73 models feature a semi-weighted natural-touch keyboard; KROME 88 is equipped with Korg’s NH (Natural Weighted Hammer Action) keyboard for a more realistic piano that even classically-trained musicians will appreciate.
- Panist will love this keyboard, it features the impressive “German D Grand” (first created for KRONOS). Top quality samples along with damper resonance. Krome also includes three types of electric pianos that have been realistically modeled.
- Even the built-in drum kits are superb (taken from the KRONOS). They provide a high level of response and realism. Besides pianos and drums, you get realistic sounds covering a broad range of styles.
- Krome also has several realistic grooves, suitable for live playing or for music production. Over 600 preset rhythm sequences at your fingertips, or you may create your own patterns and loops!
- In Combination mode or Sequencer mode, two arpeggiators can be running simultaneously. These arpeggiators can also generate riffs, patterns, or can be used as building blocks for some interesting sounds.
- KROME comes with a huge 800 x 480 pixel TouchView Color display, which is really handy on stage. The large screen lets you see several parameters at once.
The Krome Music Workstation offers full-length, unlooped samples of every key for a spectacular piano sound. Krome gives you sonic excellence in a gigging musician’s keyboard, providing a limitless palette of sound to bring vivid inspiration your music.
In addition to Korg’s well-proven workstation features, Krome features a carefully chosen selection of the top sounds available today for bread-and-butter keyboard instruments such as piano and electric piano, as well as vital and dynamic drum kits, giving you the best of the basics. These highly usable piano, electric piano, and drum sounds by themselves set Krome apart from other keyboards.
Video Review – Demo
Click here to buy Korg Krome
Here are some noteworthy features of Korg Krome:
- Available in 61 (semi-weighted), 73 (semi-weighted) and 88 keys (fully-weighted)
- Korg’s Natural Touch keybed: semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive 61-key keyboard
- Great acoustic & electric piano sounds, and drum sounds. Electric pianos with eight-level velocity switching. Drums offering separately mixable direct and ambient sounds
- 7-inch color TouchView control display
- 640 sounds and 288 combi patches, 5 FX Inserts for each preset, along with 2 Master FX, and 1 Total FX
- Timbre and EQ adjustment on each track
- Comes with Krome software editor to edit sounds on your computer
- USB connection, SD Card slot for data storage, 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
- Complete MIDI I/O, Standard 1/4-inch L and R outputs
- Can be connected to optional Korg XVP-10 Expression Pedal, EXP-2 Foot Controller, DS-1H Damper Pedal, or PS-1/PS-3 Pedal Switch
Buying Links & Pricing
Korg has modeled the Krome more on the lines of the M3 and M50 model, and not on the big brother Kronos (though they do share some features).
Krome features a huge sound library with superior quality sounds. Live musicians have access to several categories of pre-made programs and combinations. You can even use the free standalone Krome Editing Software to create your own patches and combinations on the computer.
The Krome workstation offers a great set of features alongside top-of-the-class grand piano sounds in a reasonably priced package.
- Buy Korg Krome-61 Keys on zZounds
- Buy Korg Krome-73 Keys on zZounds
- Buy Korg Krome-88 Keys on zZounds
The Korg Krome Keyboard is a powerful workstation that provides you several powerful methods of sound creation.