Keyboard Stand (Single X, Double X, 2-tier, 3-Tier) Reviews: Find the best stands and accessories, available for your keyboard, synth or portable piano, from top manufacturers such as On-stage, World-Tour, Hercules, Yamaha, Casio, & Roland. Keyboard stands are available in various styles; you can even add/adjust tiers to support another keyboard or to support a music laptop.
Contrary to what you might feel, there is actually a huge assortment of keyboard stands / accessories to choose from. You will get products that are designed for beginner keyboards, which are supposed to be lightweight, to real sturdy stands that can easily hold super-heavy 88-key keyboards.Almost, all of these are designed for easy height adjustment and setup. The lighter ones can easily be folded and carried along with the keyboard.
Table of Contents
X and Double-X Stands are Popular
Most X and double-X braced stands are sturdy and can support a wide range of the popular 61 & 76 keys keyboards from Casio & Yamaha. The most basic ones may wobble a little bit, especially if you keep a heavier keyboard on it or if its placed on carpet (but the issue is small enough to be ignored.)
Here are some more features of these stands:
- Can be complete folded and put away for easy storage
- Secure-Lock center clutch height adjustment system
- The height can be adjusted from about 25″ to 38″ which means you can even use it in a seated position or even in a standing position
- The adjustable arm sleeves can be positioned to fit most keyboard widths
- All the stands come with non-slip rubber end caps to make sure it stays in place
- The heavier stands, such as the Z-stands can be broken down for travel and storage
You can also choose the World Tour Double-X Keyboard Stand
This table top-style stand is for performing keyboard players. Its extremely strong and suitable for larger & heavier keyboards (vintage keyboards, pianos). Read more…
Now you can easily attach a 2nd tier to your keyboard stand and play with an extra keyboard in gigs. You even can put caster wheels to easily move your heavy setup. Read more…
Here are some more keyboard stands, especially suitable for the performing musician…
Z Keyboard Stand
Z Keyboard Stand
More Column Stands
||3-Tier Keyboard Stands||
Digital Piano Stands
On Stage KS7191 Classic Double-X Keyboard Stand
The On-Stage KS7191 classic double-X keyboard stand can be used to support fairly heavy keyboards. You may use it for home use to support one of your digital pianos, such as the Casio Privia, or you may use it on-stage for one of your stage pianos. Its definitely not a pro-stand though!
The rubber “grips” on the stand are adjustable, you can set it to the width of the digital keyboard resting on it. This allows the stand to hold keyboards with more than 61 keys as well.
The stand does wobble when you bang the keys hard, but that’s okay. A bit of wobbling is expected considering this is a sub $50 stand. If you own very expensive keyboards, you may consider buying an expensive stand.
- Arm sleeves can be positioned to fit virtually any keyboard width
- 1″ Square tubing for strength and durability, allows to holds more weight
- 5-Position disk clutch with bullet-nose pull knob make for quick and simple height and width adjustments.
- Non-slip rubber end caps.
Overall, the On Stage KS7191 Double-X Keyboard Stand is a nice, light weight, and affordable stand that can be used with a variety of keyboards. Its easy-to-assemble and height adjustment is easy.
Keyboard & Piano Stands: Buying Guide
Thinking of buying a music keyboard? A portable keyboard-stand is one of the keyboard accessories that you need right from the beginning, to help you be comfortable and maintain the correct posture while practicing.
On the other hand, if you are an experienced player who loves to play with your friends as part of a band, or do a lot of performances on-stage, the piano keyboard stand is an essential part of your music equipment gear.
If you are a beginner, you can go in for an X-style stand or a double-X stand for your music keyboard. If you have a heavier 88-key portable keyboard then you should consider a Z keyboard stand.
There are more options for pro-keyboard players as mentioned ahead.
Types of Stands
There are a lot of varieties to choose from, the X stands being the most popular ones. This is what a lot of first timers buy.
There are a lot of other types as well, most of them used by professionals.
Why Buy One?
A portable keyboard stand is an important keyboard accessory and it makes sense to have one because of these important reasons.
• You can easily adjust its height
• It collapses into a flat pack and can easily be carried around
• It looks better than a table or an iron board or any other support
• You get multi-tiered stands to add more keyboards. You can go in for these as you turn professional, get more work and own multiple keyboards. Check out for more keyboard stand accessories here.
As a beginner you might be tempted to avoid buying a keyboard stand but I would recommend that you buy one since you can easily adjust its height.
This helps you to maintain a correct posture while playing!
While practicing, your hands need to be parallel to the ground but if you do not use a stand it is not so easy to maintain the correct posture.
Besides, a portable keyboard stand does not cost much and it can be folded making it easier to carry around.
Adjustable X and Double X Style Keyboard stands
(Recommended for PSR, EZ, DJX, YPG CTK, LK, WK, Series keyboards)
Heavy Duty Professional Stands
What to Look For?
Coming to the most important question! What should you look for?
When looking for a stand, you will need to take into account a couple of factors.
• Your music keyboard’s weight. Is it a stage Piano or a workstation or a home keyboard?
• Do you use more than one music keyboard? Needs to be expandable
• Is the stand easy to carry around, in case you take it regularly to gigs?
The lower end models, like the X-stands, are designed to hold keyboards and synthesizers weighing around 100-130 pounds whereas the sturdier ones, like the Z stands, are designed to hold large stage pianos and heavier keyboards weighing up to 500 pounds.
All these keyboards let you do the height adjustments for a seated or standing performance position and they have a Secure-Lock feature which lets you do the height changes safely and securely.