Digital Piano Repair: Some of the most common problems that music keyboard and digital piano owners face, and their possible solutions!
Digital keyboards and pianos are usually sturdy instruments and do last a long time without giving any problems, especially if you have been taking proper piano care
But then there are occasions when you may have to get it repaired. Issues related to the Piano keys are the most common problems faced, though there are some other problems which your piano keyboard could face.
Common Problems Faced
The most common digital keyboard and piano repairs needed are:
Changing a Broken Key
This is comparatively easy but remember that you do not have to apply massive strength to fix anything, in case you are doing it yourself. If a contact is bent beyond repair a new contact board will be required. If the part is no longer available, you could be in trouble.
Dealing with Contact problems
This could be the cause if some notes don’t play at all or the volume is uneven or they just play way too loud. Most contacts are graphite and will to be cleaned properly. Resist using WD40 or any other contact cleaner / lubricant and use proper cleaning tools for piano.
Freezing, Locking up, Doesn’t turn on properly
This is comparatively easy since it could be more to do with the software. Check out the “Initialise” or “Factory Reset” procedure in your user manual. If not there check out the manufacturer’s web site for more information.
This usually restores normal operation but “Please save your data (your own songs, styles, etc.) before you attempt this”.
In general, if you save lot of your work on the digital keyboard/piano, it’s always safe to regular backups on your computer or any external storage.
Also Read: Piano Care Tips to Ensure Longer Life
Possible Solutions to Common Repairs
Taking regular care of your piano keyboard instrument is always recommended.
But if there is a problem, the only recommended solution I am afraid is to get it repaired by your nearest authorized service facility, or take it to your nearest musical instrument shop and get it done by a qualified and reputable professional.
Trying to fix up things on your own can only lead to additional problems, since digital keyboards & pianos are complex instruments.
Want to do it yourself? In some countries, you may not have easy access to qualified servicing professionals. So you may try out some of the suggestions mentioned below by visitors here on this site, but that should only be your last resort… and that too, if you are a person who has the aptitude to open and fix things!
Piano Keyboard keys Repair & Replacement
Find solutions to the most common key related problems in digital keyboards and pianos.
Micro Vacuum attachment for cleaning crap
out of most electronic products
If you buy a new digital keyboard instrument, then usually you don’t face any problem with the piano keys for a few years, of course depending on how much is your usage.
But in certain cases you may face keys related problem a bit earlier, and there could me various reasons for it.
Even if it is a single piano key, it can frustrate you a lot if you don’t get the key repaired or get a replacement for the piano key.
This page allows you to share all your piano keyboard keys related issues.
Main Circuit Boards Related Problems
Most of the common repair problems in digital keyboards revolve around keys, speakers or the LCD display.
These are comparatively easy to fix, especially the ones that involve changing keys. But sometimes your synthesizer or piano keyboard may just refuse to switch on.
And the reason could be the Circuit Board (motherboard), or may be some other chip. Remember, that a digital keyboard, just like a computer, has a circuitboard (main-board) and chips inside.
Bestselling Motherboards here…
This page allows you to share all your synthesizer/piano keyboard’s main board, motherboard, circuit boards related issues.
Digital Piano Keyboard Pedal Repair / Problems
Having problems with the pedals of your digital piano? Occasionally they seem to work, but then the very next moment it doesn’t seem to work?
- Have you been looking for a technician to get them fixed?
- Do you own a Digital Piano and are wondering if a foot pedal can be installed on your piano?
- Have you lost the cable lead from the pedals to the relevant socket and looking for a replacement?
The Best Sustain Pedals
All your piano pedals, expression pedals, foot volume pedals related problems, and repair solutions discussed here. <
Piano Keyboard Sound Speaker Problem Repair
- Having any problem with the sound of your piano keyboard?
- Does the volume remains constant or is not responsive?
- Is there lot of static noise coming out of your speakers?
- Any problem around the volume or sound of your keyboard is truly frustrating and does not let you concentrate on or enjoy your keyboard/piano playing.
Panasonic RP-HTX7-R1 Monitor Stereo Headphones
This page allows you to share all your piano keyboard sound related issues.
LCD/LED Display Related Problems
- Having any problem with the LCD display of your digital piano keyboard?
- Does it flicker? Having problem making it dim or brighter?
- Any problem with the display can be quite frustrating, especially if you perform a lot onstage.
Pro LCD Display Cleaning kits
This page allows you to share all your digital piano keyboard LCD/LED Display related issues and solutions.
Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel Repair/Problems
- Are you having problems with the mod wheel, pitch bend of your digital piano? It doesn’t seem to respond anymore?
- Do you have a broken pitch/mod wheel lever on your synthesizer keyboard?
- Have you been looking for a technician to get it fixed?
This page allows you to share all your modulation and pitch-bend wheel related issues and solutions.
Your electric keyboard’s modulation and pitch wheel related problems, and repair solutions discussed here.
You can also scroll down to the bottom of the page to read the already submitted problems, repair and solutions.
Cleaning and Repair Toolkit
- Digital Piano Keyboard Cleaning
- How to fix sticky keys
- How to remove or disassemble the keys/keybed from the piano
- Spring replacement for spring action keyboard
- Spare Piano Keys to Order: Where to Find Keys on Sale
- Does touch response vary with humidity?
- Useful Sticky keys solution for suzuki digital piano
- Volume, sound or speakers related problems of your piano keyboard
- Keyboard won’t turn on
- IC parts for circuit board
- All main board, motherboard, circuit boards related issues discussed here
- LCD and display related problems, such as flickering, scratch, brightness
- Replacement LCD Screen for Digital Piano Keyboards
- Power Adapter not working, Jack broken, Cord replacement, and other related problems
- Battery Leakage Inside Piano Synthesizer
- Sustain Pedal doesn’t work
- Sustain Pedal Produces Opposite Effect
- How to trouble-shoot contact problems with keys and pedals
- Replacement Cable Lead for the Pedals
- Replacement Pedals for Home Digital Piano
- Pitch bend out of tune, pitch/modulation wheel/bends related problems & solutions
- Floppy Drive Broken: Need to Replace on Digital Piano Keyboard
- How to Replace Broken USB on Digital Piano Keyboard
- Water on My Digital Piano Keyboard
- Baby Grand Piano Keyboard Cover/Lid broken Hinges need to be replaced
- Piano Keyboard Freezes: Does Not Respond to Buttons
- Piano Restoration – Commonly asked Piano Rebuilding & Restoration queries and their possible solutions, how much does it cost, what tools are involved, etc.
- Synth Repair Specialists – Synthesizer / Synth Keyboard Repair – Find a list of repair specialists who can handle any problem related to your digital piano keyboard instrument.
Though digital keyboards and pianos do last for a long time, there are some occasional defects which you will need to get repaired. Getting it repaired from a qualified professional or an authorized servicing center is your best bet. The brand of keyboard or piano should not matter much for repair work. Anybody who can fix a digital keyboard or piano should be able to do it for most brands. You may want to reach out to support in case you are unable to get any help for your brand of keyboard or piano.