Best Classical Guitar Reviews. Classical guitars (nylon string) have a mellower tone and slightly smaller body compared to the steel-stringed acoustic guitars. Guitar players love the warm, full sound produced by classical guitars. If you’re fond of classical music, here are some useful tips to buy the best classical guitar. At one time, classical guitars used to be very expensive but with improvement in guitar building technology, its possible to own a stage-worthy classical guitar for around 1000 bucks. Skip to the best classical guitar on Amazon.
Table of Contents
What Should You Buy?
I would encourage you to read this classical guitar buying guide, in case you’re more o a beginner.
What you should buy will depend a lot on your current skills and ambitions.
If you are a serious player, then it makes sense to buy the best solid top guitar you can afford. You also have the option to go in for an acoustic-electric classical guitar in case you intend to perform onstage or at the church.
There is no doubt however, that a quality instrument inspires you to practice more and become better as a musician.
Recommended / Best Classical Guitars: Reviews
Most beginners want to own brand new guitars, and that is understandable as you are just starting out, and you want the best to be motivated.
Here are reviews of some the best Classical Guitars (nylon strings) available from different brands and for various prices
Affordable, Suited for all levels, Comfortable playing
Cordoba C3M is the entry-level model in the popular Iberia series from Cordoba (its also priced like an entry-level classical guitar). Built with traditional Spanish fan bracing, a solid cedar top and mahogany back and sides, it has a hand inlaid wooden rosette, read more…
Its a full-size guitar with a 52mm nut width, comes with a truss rod that allows for adjusting the tension on the strings. The C3M has a matte finish.
The Yamaha C40 is suited to beginners and young learners. Available from a brand that is quite popular & trusted in this price range, read more…
Spruce top with mahogany back and sides, nato wood neck, rosewood fretboard, and melamine gloss finish. Full-size guitar (but only 24″ long) so kids, teens, as well as adults of shorter stature can use this guitar comfortably. Weighs only 4.8 lbs!
So if you want to study classical guitar as a hobby, or need an inexpensive replacement guitar, but don’t want to spend a lot of money, the Yamaha’s C40 full-size classical guitar is a good option.
Cordoba C5 Classical Guitar
Cordoba C5 guitar is part of the Cordoba “Iberia” series, features cedar-top, back and sides are made of mahogany. Full sized guitar with 52mm nut width. Whether you’re a classical guitar player or simply looking for a new acoustic guitar, you’ll like the feel and tone of the Cordoba C5.
La Patrie Motif
The La Patrie Motif is a Spanish classical guitar with solid cedar top and suitable for those who prefer an affordable ‘North American made’ nylon-string guitar, read more…
La Patrie Etude
This is one of the more popular models in the La Patrie series and great for beginning and intermediate level players, looking an affordable classical guitar with a decent sound, read more…
The Yamaha CG172SF is a flamenco guitar that is gorgeous & great-sounding; its among one of the best deals going around in nylon-string guitars, read more…
Hohner HC06 Classical Guitar Bundle
The Hohner HC06 classical guitar bundle is a full sized, basic beginner guitar bundle and an inexpensive way to get started on the classical guitar. Perfect for ages 13 and above.
- Pros: Nice finish, good intonation, the guitar has a solid, stable feel to it.
- Cons: Its a beginner classical guitar.
- Uses: Practice. Learning
Here’s what you get in the bundle:
- Hohner HC06 Full Sized Classical Nylon String Guitar
- D’Addario EJ45 Pro-Arte Nylon Classical Guitar Strings, Normal Tension
- D’Addario Assorted Pearl Celluloid Guitar Picks, 10 Pack, Medium
- D’Addario NS Micro Clip-On Tuner
The neck is slightly wider and the strings further apart than what you find on an acoustic guitar, so its easier to play (especially for beginners). Also, the nylon strings are a little easier on the fingertips, then steel strings (found on most acoustic guitars).
Here are the main features of Hohner HC06 Full Sized Basic Beginner Guitar Bundle:
- The guitar has a spruce top, The sides and back are catalpa. Provides consistent and precise intonation
- The nylon strings have normal tension and offers balance of volume and comfortable resistance
- The clip-on tuner is highly precise and can be used for a wide range of instruments like guitar, bass, banjo, mandolin etc. The tuner is compact and hides behind the headstock. The small size of tuner allows you to leave on every instrument
- No sound or cable input required for chromatic tuning which is accurate and based on vibration
- Ratchet mechanism is adjustable and screen on tuner is reversible which allows you to place it either in the front or behind the headstock
- As an additional practice aid, there is visual metronome feature on the tuner
- Works well for strumming and articulate picking
- Guitar picks are good quality celluloid. Picks are medium gauge (70mm), provide natural and warm feel and fat tone. Comfortable to play with the picks. Pack contains 10 picks. The picks comes with environmental designed packaging
- Available in standard shape. Made in U.S.A. Comes with 1 year warranty
Most beginners (compared to experienced players) choose to go for an acoustic guitar over a classical guitar. But whenever you’re ready for a classical guitar, avoid the inexpensive ones as they are almost junk. It makes lot of sense to pay more and buy a real classical guitar, that is easy to play, and sounds resonant and responsive. Buy the best guitar you can afford and it will greatly enhance your learning and enjoyment.