The Casio WK-7600 is a 76-key workstation keyboard and offers a set for features that will make experienced musicians take notice of it. Drawbar organs, 17 track sequencer, 32 channel mixer, comprehensive editing features, are just some of the features that you’ll find on this keyboard. This can also be a good second keyboard for those who already own top-end workstation keyboards. See PRICE on Amazon.
Table of Contents
Casio WK-7600: Highlights
- Top end arranger keyboard from Casio
- Several creative tools to help you realize your musical ideas
- Drawbars give you real-time tweakability
- Multiple Digital Effects, for polished productions
Casio WK-7600: Pros & Cons
- PROS – Value for money, pro-quality keyboard
- CONS – No 88 keys, some tones are okay
Who Is It For?
- Those looking for a powerful but affordable second keyboard
- Those looking for an arranger with more editing features
- Those looking for a combination of arranger & synth
Casio WK-7600 76-key Arranger Keyboard: Review
The best thing about this product is that you get features, that are unheard of at this price, in any portable keyboard. It comes with various sliders, impressive drawbar organ tones, and audio recording capabilities as well. Any music that you create on this keyboard can be easily recorded as an audio file, on an SDHC card.
Doesn’t matter if you’re an amateur or professional, you have the right tools to create, edit and play your compositions, in the studio or on-stage or at home.
All the Tones You Want
Dynamic stereo pianos, vintage electric pianos, strings, drums and a wealth of synths and acoustic instruments are at your fingertips.
You get 820 world class tones organized by category, and each can be tweaked using filters, envelopes and more, to get that perfect tone that you desire. An extensive set of DSP effects are also available to enhance these tones to add that touch of realism.
Full Band at Your Fingertips
You get 260 preset rhythms at your fingertips. Easily access styles from rock, pop, Latin, jazz, country, classical and everything in between. You can choose to have just a drummer or the complete band at your disposal. Perfect for playing songs, as backing accompaniment or for songwriting.
Sliders for More Control
Remember, this is built for the stage. So you also get nine strategically located sliders on the front panel that allow you to control the level of each harmonic overtone to produce a powerful and rich organ sound. Rotary speaker effects and percussion control are all instantly accessible. You may also dive deeper into edit mode to customize key click, overdrive, rotary speeds and more for the most authentic drawbar organ experience. These features are also available on other keyboards, but they easily cost in excess of thousand dollars.
More Control Over Your Mix
You also have sliders for more control over your mix. Whether you’re playing live or in the studio, the front panel sliders provide quick control over volume, pan, effect sends for each channel, and that includes the MIC and instrument inputs as well.
Easily Save your Masterpiece
With the 17-track sequencer, you can edit and tweak your performances to create broadcast ready, professional tracks. You can easily save your song file to an SDHC card, or mix it down internally and save your new song as an audio file (.WAV ) to an SDHC card. From there on, its easy to share your music with others.
You get everything you need to connect the wk7600 to a variety of equipment. The back panel provides 1/4′(L/MONO, R) outputs, MIC and Instrument inputs and a stereo audio in, & “class compliant” USB MIDI port. The USB port allows this Casio Workstation Keyboard to be used with Mac or Windows computers without the need to download any sort of drivers. Class Compliant USB MIDI allows the Workstation Keyboard to be used as a controller for the Apple iPad by using Apple’s Camera Connection Kit.
Casio usually don’t make great keyboards, but with this keyboard, they have done a good job. This one is similar to the CTK-7200, the sound and the specs are the same, only the number of keys are different, the ctk has 61 keys. You can even record individual tracks such as guitar and vocals to SD. The sound is very good, great piano, strings and other tones, great sequencer as well.
Though it may not be a pro keyboard, you can make the sounds better by tweaking the various parameters. You can create songs using the WK-7600 and then enhance it further using software (such as EZDrummer and Adobe Audition).
Experienced players may find that the polyphony is limited, but that can be experienced only when you try out something complex – for example, when you use the split feature with layered tones and add several effects.
There are many who call this keyboard the poor man’s Roland. If you’ve always fancied owning a Roland or a Korg and haven’t till now, go for this one. It’s a flat-out bargain. Everybody may want an 88-key synthesizer workstation, but you will be pleasantly surprised with the WK-7600.
Casio WK-7600: Demo / Video Review
Casio WK-7600 Video Review.
Casio WK-7600: Technical Specs
Here are the key features of the Casio wk-7600:
- Touch Response: 76 Piano-style keys
- Polyphony (max): 64 (better than what you get on the casio wk-6600)
- Tones: 820 incl 50 drawbar organ tones
- Built-in Rhythms: 260, User Rhythms: 100
- Reverb: 10 Types, Chorus: 5 Types
- DSP: 100 Preset / 100 User (simultaneous use with Chorus not supported)
- Modes: CASIO Chord, Fingered 1, Fingered 2 (6th off), Fingered 3 (on bass), Full Range Chord
- Controllers: Start / Stop, Intro, Normal / Fill-in, Variation / Fill-in, Synchro / Editing
- Pattern sequencer: real-time recording, step recording, quantize, Easy Edit, Event Editor, part parameters (100 user rhythms)
- Rhythm Editor: Easy Edit using Patter Sequencer
- Song Sequencer: 16 tracks + 1 system track supports up to 5 songs (Real time recording, step recording, song edit, track edit, event edit, punch in / out)
- Mixer: 32 Channels + ext in (instrument or mic), 9 sliders
- Layer / Split: Yes
- Registration Memory: 6 sets x 16 banks, 100 user presets
Casio WK-7600: Buying Links & Pricing
The WK-7600 is a keyboard that is made for the studio & the stage. You can easily create splits, layers, store combination as registration for instant recall on stage. If you’re a solo performer, the registrations can also quickly recall rhythms and accompaniments so that you are ready to play at the press of a button. 76-piano keys, an affordable pricing, and many more features make the Casio wk-7600 a gem of a keyboard.
A feature rich keyboard from Casio, for the intermediate level keyboard player.
Have any views on the Casio wk-7600? Please share it below.