The Casio Mini Keyboard (SA-76) is perfect for introducing your kids to the wonderful world of electronic music. So gift one to your kid today!
- Pros: Inexpensive, Lots of features, Lightweight
- Cons: No touch sensitive keys, Less than 61 keys
The benefit of exposing your children to music at an early age is well proven. Besides, it is always better to have some constructive learning activities for your kids, rather than let them while away their time in front of the television. A skill like music will always give them lifetime of pleasure. So if you are thinking of introducing your kids to the fascinating world of music, then here are some recommendations that will be a perfect musical keyboard for your child.
How Are These Different?
The standard electronic keyboard, usually used by adults and older children, has 61 keys of standard key sizes.
A mini size keyboard, on the other hand, differs in these two aspects.
These two differences makes a casio mini keyboard ideal for kids!
- You get 100 instrument tones
- You get 50 exciting rhythms ranging from waltz through to salsa and many more from the world of music.
- The piano/organ setting button enables you to toggle between the sound of a piano and an organ.
- 10 practice tunes that help learn a diverse range of styles.
- Comes with LC Display for easy access to the instrument’s functions.
- Five Drum Pads (buttons), each with an individual drum or percussion sound for playing rhythm.
- Melody Cut Rehearsal System (includes 10 rehearsal songs for practice), provides effective training for the right hand.
Can Adults Use it Too?
Though designed for kids, if you are an adult and are eager to learn electronic keyboards, you may start with the basics of keyboard playing on this instrument.
You can gradually move to the standard 61-keys keyboard after a few months, if you feel you are seriously interested in learning further.
However, this is not a controller keyboard, so there’s no easy way to get the sounds/songs that you play on this keyboard on to a computer. It also doesn’t come with a microphone.
Most customers feel that this is a Great Value Keyboard. It’s quite sturdy and the sound quality is quite good for the price. Though its made for kids, even adults can use this for fun and to learn to play.
Some feel that it has smaller keys, compared to those on a normal keyboard. if you’re an adult go for normal-sized keys. But for kids, it’s a fun little keyboard with fairly good sound quality.
Most feel that its sturdy. The kids have handled it roughly, stepped on it, and it still works fine even after a year. Make sure you get the adapter as it saves money (compared to the batteries).
Specs – Casio SA-76 44 Keys
Here are the main features of the Casio SA-76:
- 44 mini keys, not touch sensitive keys
- 100 tones, 50 rhythms and 10 built-in songs
- 8-note polyphony (good for playing with one hand)
- Melody-off function
- Reasonable sized LC display that provides easy access to the various functions.
- Easy to switch between piano and organ modes
- Slot for connecting headphone
- Speakers: 2 x 1.2 W
- Power supply: Optional AD-E95 adapter or 6 AA-size batteries
- Dimensions: 23 13/16 (Length) x 8 5/16 (Width) x 2 1/4 (Height)
- Weight: Approximately 3.1 lbs (without batteries)
A mini keyboard is a great way of introducing your children to music, and to the fascinating world of electronic keyboards. The size of these electronic keyboards makes them ideal for kids, to play as well as to carry around.
Earlier Casio used to have just a 37-key mini keyboard but now they have introduced a 44-key mini keyboard which is getting quite popular. The advantage with the 44-key Casio mini keyboard is that since its almost 4 octaves, you can teach the kids to play with both the hands right from the beginning.
With 44 keys, and polyphony of 8 notes, you can play multiple notes together. You can play melody with the right and chords with the left. You don’t get touch sensitive keys yet in the mini keyboard and may be its asking for a lot more in these keyboards. But you never know, with rapid changes in technology and cut throat competition, some day Casio may come out with touch sensitive keys in their mini keyboards. But as of today this is the best way to introduce your kids to music.
So gift one to your child today!
- Buy Casio SA-76 on Walmart
- Casio SA-76: zZounds
- Buy on Amazon.co.uk (UK) | Buy on Amazon.de (Germany)