Casio CTK2400 PPK 61-Key Keyboard: An excellent and affordable first keyboard with touch-sensitive keys and loads of features for the beginning pianist. Its easy-to-use, lightweight, has USB MIDI, and comes with built-in music lessons. The keyboard is available as part of a package that comes bundles with all the necessary keyboard accessories such as headphones, stand, and power supply.
Table of Contents
Casio CTK-2400: Pros & Cons
- Who Is It For: Suitable for learning to play music keyboards. It’s good for the price and perfect for the beginner.
- PROS: Value-for-money, packed with features, 61 standard keys
- CONS: No Sequencer (at this price its usually not available), No touch sensitive keys
The Casio CTK-2400 succeeds the popular ctk-2300, and comes with a few more voices/styles and better sampling functions. It has several features for the curious minds, although its definitely not for the serious musician.
Casio CTK-2400: Video Demo
Click here to Buy Casio CTK-2400 61-key keyboard
Casio CTK-2400: Review
The Casio ctk-2400 is sophisticated keyboard with a wide range of capability. Its 61 keys gives you more than enough room to cover the musical spectrum.
There is no doubt that this is a great keyboard for beginners. But then, this is a notch higher than a pure beginner keyboard. If you have played before and want a board to keep up practicing your skills, this one can definitely fit in there. 61-keys, nice sound, styles and several features. You can also use it as a controller.
It also has sampling feature. There’s a built-in microphone that you can sing, shout or play into, and it picks up pretty well! And the best part is that you can try out the new sounds on the keyboard, across the 61 keys with some interesting results. While the CTK-2400 has an audio input, it can’t be used for sampling (only available through the microphone). But then, its a $100 keyboard!
Although this board has some bells and whistles (nice ones) in terms of sound bank, you can’t find a less expensive keyboard when you consider the stand and bench. The bench itself would cost almost half of this package price, because it’s a good quality one.
Feature-wise, you’ll be quite happy with what’s provided. Barring a sequencer, you have everything that you can expect on a digital keyboard. Mind you, this is priced just over 100 bucks. You can even connect a media player and play-along to your favorite songs, which makes it even more exciting to play.
The keyboard does not have touch sensitivity—the ability to have dynamics in the notes – you hit based on how hard you hit the keys. This feature is available on a number of keyboards in this price range, but not on this one. The keys produce the same level of notes, irrespective of how hard or soft you hit the keys.
Casio CTK-2400: MIDI
Casio CTK-2400 comes with USB-midi jack, which is a bi-directional slot, which means it serves the purpose of both MIDI IN and OUT.
Casio keyboards will automatically work on Windows computer and MAC-OS and iOS (iPad/iPhone), you do not have to install any special drivers to make the midi connection work.
Casio CTK-2400: Specifications
Here are more features of the Casio CTK2400 PPK 61-Key Keyboard:
- 61 keys that allows you to play a wide range of songs. The keys are NOT touch sensitive keys.
- Besides the Keyboard, the bundle includes a pair of Samson HP30 closed-cup headphones, X-style stand, and power supply
- Comes with built-in Speakers
- 48-note polyphony is good enough to play songs with advanced chords, without worrying about dropped notes.
- 400 AHL keyboard voices, 150 rhythms, 110 songs, 10 digital effects
- Voice percussion functions (samples are integrated into the rhythm)
- Using the built-in microphone, you can record samples that can also be integrated into the rhythm
- Improved sampling effects
- Step-up learning system that will help you get started with beginning keyboard lessons (although its not an alternative to a proper learning software)
- LCD display that allows you to clearly see the selections that you have made
- USB Midi for easy connectivity with computer and other midi devices
- 1/8″ Audio In jack allows you to connect CD or MP3 player for practicing along with favorite songs
- Audio Output Types: 1 x 1/4″ Headphone Output
- Dimensions: 44 x 8 x 21 inches, Weight: 20.6 pounds
- Operates on 6 AA batteries or included AC adapter
Casio CTK-2400 Keyboard: Accessories
If you opt for the Casio CTK-2400 premium pack, you will get useful accessories such as keyboard stand and a pair of nice stereo headphones (for silent practice).
Casio CTK2400 Premium Pack (PPK) Includes:
- CTK-2400 keyboard with power adapter, songbook and music rack
- Adjustable-height keyboard stand
- Stereo headphones
If you have played keyboards before and played on more expensive keyboards, you may find the sound a bit ‘tinny’, but for the price there’s hardly anything to complain. The accessories that comes along may not be of the best quality, but they do the job well.
Hundreds of rhythms, sampling function, ability to connect a CD or MP3 player via the audio input and play along to your favorite songs, USB midi, are some amazing features that you get with this keyboard. You can always refer to the onboard learning system that will help you with your learning. If you buy the bundled package, you’ll need to spend some time going through the manual to put it all together. It can take some time if you’re totally new to keyboards. But then it applies to most bundled keyboards. So spend some time going through the instruction manual.
Casio CTK-2400: Buying Links & Prices
Overall, the Casio CTK2400 PPK 61-Key Keyboard offers a great value-for-money bundle that is available for well under 200 bucks. With 61 standard size keys, a good library of sounds & rhythms covering a wide range of musical styles, the Casio ctk-2400 is a great Keyboard with several useful features. You can plug in a music player and play along to your favorite tunes. You also have the option of going in for a bundled package with several useful accessories. Great for beginners who are keen to play the keyboards.
To be frank, for this price, there’s no alternative to the casio ctk-2400 matching these specs. If you’ve a lesser budget, you may consider the Casio SA series mini keyboard, or probably one of its lighted-keys keyboard (most come without touch sensitive keys). However, this one is truly a bestselling keyboard in this price range.