Casio CGP-700BK Compact Grand Piano reviewed. A popular model from Casio’s range of digital pianos. This digital piano comes with great keyboard action, pro-level piano sounds, much-improved sound system and is available for fraction of the cost of a grand piano. You can also add more instruments and record your performance using a user-friendly color touchscreen.
- Pros: Sleeker and compact (less deeper), Color touch interface, powerful 6-speaker sound system, great piano sound and realistic hammer action keys, the piano detaches from the stand to make it more portable
- Cons: Not all the sounds are great, not the sturdiest of pianos but great for home/studio use
- Uses: The The Casio CGP-700BK is suitable for practice, performance, class lessons, studio work. Its perfect for aspiring pianists, songwriters, and also for professional pianists who want a good practice piano at home.
- Click Here to Buy Casio CGP-700
The keys on this piano have textures of ebony and ivory (its not just smooth and shiny), and it uses Casio’s Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II keyboard that accurately simulates the keyboard on a grand piano.
Touch Screen Interface
The color user interface is easy to use and its touch-screen. The menu is well laid out and its easy to make the various selections.
The speakers are powerful (there are six with a couple on the stand as well); fills the room with rich sound (be it the pianos sound or the built-in rhythms, or the MP3 player via the stereo aux input).
The CGP-700 is also well suited for a teaching/educational environment. It has Duet Mode so that two people to play side by side. The Classroom Mode configures the CGP-700 to work with third party piano software. It comes with two headphone jacks – perfect for teacher and student.
The CGP-700 uses impressive grand piano samples that can be used in stereo or mono, and even includes damper resonance simulation. You’ll find settings to adjust the piano’s tone for rock, jazz, classical, and other styles. You can use the optional SP-33 3-pedal system (charged extra) with this piano.
Click Here to Buy Casio CGP-700
Features of the Casio CGP-700 Compact Grand Piano:
- The bright 5.3in Color Touch Interface display makes it look like a pro keyboard, and is big enough to show all your selections. It makes it easy to choose tones, select rhythms, split and layer sounds, and more.
- 88-key Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II keyboard with simulated Ebony and Ivory feel (for that authentic grand piano feel)
- Stand, sustain pedal, music rest, and power supply included
- Dedicated button for Grand Piano sound
- 550 instrument tones and effects – includes to quality pianos, guitars, basses, strings, brass, organs and more.
- Built-in 3-way sound system – powerful 40 watt speakers that fills the room with the warm sounds of the piano. Four speakers are located in the top for a full stereo sound, while two additional speakers are located in the stand for the lower frequencies.
- Easily connect other audio devices to the Casio piano and play your favorite songs to play along
- Includes MIDI and USB audio recorders
- 1/4″ outputs to connect to a mixer, amplifier, or PA system.
- Max. Polyphony: 128
- USB port (to Host), USB flash drive port
- Included Accessories: Score Stand, Pedal (SP-3), AC Adapter (AD-E24250)
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 52 x 5.5 inches, Shipping Weight: 30 pounds
The CGP-700 digital piano is the perfect addition to any family (especially for those family music night) and can be enjoyed and utilized by the whole family. Overall, the CGP-700 is a great sounding piano with great-feeling keys; You get and pro-level piano sounds and you can record your performance on the user-friendly color touchscreen.